Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hi Everyone. I’ve set my blog up. It’s out there. I’ve checked. Magical. The weather has been magical too. A crisp early morning and it sparkled as I headed for the gym. My friend R and I are the older ones in the class and the instructor sought us out afterwards to say we were doing well. She takes classes at another gym where every one uses very light weights. How light I wondered? The Shoulder Muse is always telling me I should be upping the weight. We spoilt the healthy glow by having a shot of caffeine as we watched people walk along the foreshore. Should we have wound down on the run machine? We asked each other the question, sipped our coffee and agreed we could have been eating fruit bread toast. That café has the best fruit bread toast in Melbourne so we showed great restraint.

Have you heard of the painter Henryk Szydlowski? I hadn’t until I spotted one of his paintings in the recent Melbourne Art Exhibition. It grabbed me from several isles away and I raced towards the joyous colour and life it gave off. I loved it - $15,000 worth of love. I mentioned the painting to my artist friend J. I have inspired her to paint a painting in the style of Henryk Szydlowski. She has been at my house all afternoon searching for inspiration of shapes and colours and images that are ME….IT IS TO BE MY PAINTING !!!! .

You can Goggle Henryk. http://www.szydlowski.net My painting will be unique with her shapes inspired by my life and our colours. We talk colours. She has taken home two pieces of curtain fabric that used to grace my hundred-year-old New Zealand villa. I will post a photo when its finished.

Em

No comments: