Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Best Dog Blog




I have set up my new blog DOGS OF MELBOURNE and posted my first post. Check it out. http://dogsofmelbourne.blogspot.com/

This is a blog for all animal lovers and especially dog lovers. It’s what I call a chance to get a ‘DOG FIX’

I want to recognize the dogs of Melbourne and the way they weave in with the city life.

When I arrived here I felt this was a city of dogs. Everywhere I went the dogs were part of the life. They took their owners to the gym, to the markets, out to coffee and meals. They walked in companionship with their owners. Sometimes they took the city air from the top of a shopping cart and sometime accompanied disabled people in their chairs displaying a bond and loyalty that brought me close to tears.

Owners stood in packs in parks chatting , bonding and watching their canine friends romped and play. A colleague at my first job here told me how her dog-exercising-group had arranged a pre-Christmas dinner together. Sadly, the dogs that brought them together would stay at home.

On another occasion one of the dogs had a birthday and brought treats for the park group of canines to scoff down in celebration of the event.

I had lived with two dogs( see the picture) the last one, Goldie, (centre) had died just before my move to Melbourne. The part the dogs play in everydat life here in Melbourne was new to me. I lapped it up and reported it to a friend in my home town who was grieving for a much loved Labrador. She asked me to take photos of the dogs I saw. I panned to but I got a job and Life took over. I believe now is the time. I am still in need of what I call a ‘dog-fix’ as my current circumstance doesn’t allow for a dog. My blog is photos and some writing..............

The photos are not portraits. The intent is to capture the dogs as they go about their lives.

Please tell me what you need for a fix and anything else you would like to suggest. This blog is to share my love for the dogs and the people in Melbourne.
http://dogsofmelbourne.blogspot.com/

I will continue with this blog which is a sort of magazine of my life – I enjoy doing it.

No comments: