Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Raumati NZ

I've been at Raumati Beach, New Zealand, with my mother for a week now. A time of sparkling weather, very slow progress as my mother moves around, old friends and numerous jobs.

I have hired a Daihatsu Sirion in a beautiful gold colour. The little car purrs around the streets and it is just the car for my mother to struggle into. Fairly high with a very wide opening door on the passenger side. I recommend it.

Internet access isn't easy here - I haven't found any Internet Cafes. I discovered that the local library has a couple of computers available and this one at Computer Solutions in Margaret Road, Raumati Beach.
I opened up to find hundreds of e-mails. Christmas is the time for advertising!!

There is nothing like a few hours with old friends to feel I have never been away. Sadly two of them had money in Bridge Corp Finance that has collasped. They are with 18,000 other people who are changing their dreams and their lives to cope with the lose of the Money. They are the little investors. The question they are asking is how the lives of the Directors are going to change. At the moment there is no answer to that.

I have learned that a number of NZ finance companies have gone to the wall over the last year leaving investors with nothing.

This doesn't make me proud to be an NZer and it also takes away any trust we may have in having our money looked after for us - where should any of us put our money??

Thank's Anonymous for your comments on the corks and Kingston Estate wines. I'll take your advice and try something from the range again. I now have a reliable cork screw.

I'm returning to NZ next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The whole investment structure has been dangling from ever more precarious 'live wires' (sans earthing) for round 23 years. It is my guess that a good many shoddy institutions will go to the wall. So pay off the real estate ASAP or do as the French do, rent, and keep your money in a sock under the floorboards. Better still, invest in a vineyard or a field of organic carrots. Food is never going to go out of fashion, and you can barter it for other things. As you can get emails, shall suggest visit to Waikanae friend. Greetings to Chief. Am about to go blonde. Vi