Monday, November 26, 2007

A Mighty Heart

Last week I saw the movie A Mighty Heart. It's the sort of movie that it's hard to know whether to take the trouble to see it at the local down the road, or to wait until it comes out on DVD. This is because we know the story. Danny Pearl is abducted by terrorists in Karachi, Pakistan and he is killed. What is there to hold our attention? Some how the movie does grab us and the tension builds and we are caught up and held to the end.

I assumed the Mighty Heart was Danny but we learn very little about him from the movie. He is, in a sense, a bit player who is the catalyst for the action. Marianne Pearl, his wife, played by stunningly by Angelina Jolie showed her love, strength and a mighty heart. She never gave up hope and kept it alive in others. It's a movie worth seeing - perhaps on DVD.

I'm off the Wellington at dawn tomorrow. As I said a couple of posts back I will try to add to my blog when I'm there. Impressions are often best jotted down immediately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Em, you are right about getting impressions down immediately. I'm trying to learn from your example. As ever...

Enjoy Wellington. You might be interested in contacting Roger Steele, a publisher there. He publishes wonderful books, and there might just be some kind of opportunity in there for you.

Get in touch for more on this.