Tuesday, June 19, 2007


My Internet has been down for most of the evening so I spent the time taking photos of my pictures.

I think this frame has improved the Search Lamp. It has not been revitalized into something really stunning but it’s better. Scroll back (May 28th) to see how it looked before and let me know what you think.

The other photo is of a picture I had framed earlier in the year. Once it was a New Zealand Post poster. You can see the logo on the side of the engine. I was back in NZ a few months ago and saw it pinned on the wall of a wonderfully friendly second hand book shop at Paekakariki Beach. The owner said she hadn’t thought of selling it and had even forgotten it was there. I paid $5.00 and brought it home. Framed it is stunning and I always know it is “there”. The choice of frame was a success!!! This is why I went back to the same framer.

I have brought a huge variety of food for S. I had a basket full of all the things that might have gravy and therefore easy to eat. So far S’s tongue has touched the Meaty Flavoured Chunks. Lots of gravy in that. She has also drunk some water. She is so light that in bed I can lean over and scoop her up and put her on the bed in one single movement. She no longer jumps. The spring has gone from her legs. She purrs when she gets onto the bed and I can drift off to sleep with the sound of her soft purr.

I’ve just soaked in hot fragrant bath. There is a sort of guilt about having a bath instead of a shower these days but at the moment the rain is pouring down so some of the water is being replaced. I went to the gym this evening and worked hard with a new instructor. The bath was very therapeutic.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Paekaekariki print is a great success. It's good that you posted it a decent size so it can be clicked and examined more closely. But really, I'm fascinated by the progress of S. I stayed last weekend with friends who have an ancient cat, Wally. He's over 100 in cat terms. When he sat down beside me, I could feel tremendous presence. The next day, he was lying in the sun and despite looking dishevelled, he is obviously enjoying life; is 'there'. More than we can say about ourselves a lot of the time. 2XB.