Monday, June 4, 2007



My poor little cat has been attacked. Her territory was invaded. I heard the sound of a catfight and rushed outside to hear a cat scrambling along the top of the fence and over the shed.
I knew this wasn’t S. She can’t climb any more. My flashlight needs a new battery so I switched on all my house lights to shine outside and found here sitting against the side gate. I stroked her and talked to her but she didn’t more. Frozen! I let her come inside in her own time. Her time was about an hour. She limped and got straight into her bed. I think she has spent all today in her bed and is now walking very slowly with a limp.

I would like to think she had won the bout but it seems unlikely. She’s too old and too weak. I want to see this other cat and hose it down – how dare it invade our space. I feel such concern for S having to struggle with this invader – and I can’t make it right for her.

While I was waiting for S I drifted through the photos of my mother’s beach. This one was taken in the late afternoon. Tomorrow I’ll clear my head at St Kilda Beach and the gym.

No comments: