Sunday, June 17, 2007



This is S two weeks ago. Since then she has taken a turn for the worse. She’s reverting to the cat she was when I first started writing this blog.

It’s cold this morning. My kitchen is wonderfully warm and so is the hall and I’m sure the area where my desk is should be warmer but the heat is staying away. I will need another heater if the weather gets any colder. There is the problem of S’s door that has to be permanently open so she doesn’t have to push it to go out. I have hung an old camouflage-coloured poncho liner over it. This once belonged to the American Army. It amazes me that I still have it after all these years. It has come in very useful. I have been using it to keep cat fur off things. It is nylon so the fur doesn’t stick. Poor S her fur is coming out as never before and the fur that remains attached to her skin forms a sort of felted mat, especially on hips and tummy, that has to be shaved off at the vets. She has her deformed claws cut at the same time. Her life has become sleeping and wondering if she will eat something and mostly, deciding that she won’t. This sort of thinking keeps her as light as a feather. She hasn’t eaten for a couple of days. I have some appetite enhancement tables that have worked in the past and I gave her one last night. It hasn’t encouraged her to eat anything. I’ll give another to her before I go to work and leave some food out. It is as if she wants to die… just slowly fade away. How to stop her and change her thinking??

No comments: