Friday, September 7, 2007

Wine glasses and watches






Time out from work and I’ve been browsing. Not at your big shopping malls but in those quirky little shops along the shopping strips.

I’m sucker for wine glasses. I love them and I know the wine tastes better when it’s drunk from a beautiful glass. This one is so like some really expensive coloured ones that I’ve seen around. The ruby colour becomes more transparent with the light and gives a beautiful glow to red wine. I’ve tried red and white but red is the one. It’s a sensual pleasure to look at, swirl the wine then take a sip. Such amazing value at $30.00

My other delight is the ladybird key holder that opens to become a watch. It is ticking away merrily and keeps excellent time. All this, including the battery, for only $11.00. The ladybird will be my talisman for the new job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the glass. Did you know 'Em' is the name Althalus gives his goddess in the sci fi novel of the same name?
Recommend it.

Em said...

No I didn't know that - it gives a nice feel to the name.
The glass it great - it encourages me to drink more red wind just so I can handle it.
Em

Anonymous said...

Agree with Vi, purists might argue that clear "glass" only for all wines but what the H*** it is your perception that matters.

Rgds over the years and miles Sab x 2XB

Em said...

Sab x 2XB has a point with white wine. The ruby glass does not do justice to a white wine. The colour is completely obscured - but red? Well as I said the combination is beautiful.