Thursday, September 6, 2007

Waking at 2am

I have more time - a few days off work before my new job. It’s a chance to re-charge but also to become nervous about the new job. I woke up last night and began to worry as you do in the early hours of the morning. Two or three am is when a slight rise on a flat surface takes on the form of a steep mountain.

My doubts are about whether I will be able to deliver all those things I professed to be skilled at during the job interview. This time next week I will start to find out. I start at 9.00am next Wednesday the 12th. I will have to learn a new computer programme first off. In my interview I said I didn’t see this being a problem as I had used two other Property Management Programmes in the past. At 2.00am the doubts crept in.

I had to get up and make a cup of tea and find a boring book to read. In the past I have found one way to go back to sleep in the middle of the night is to try to remember the plot line of a recent read novel or movie I’ve seen and follow it in detail. This is usually a winner and before I know it morning has arrived. Last night it took ages to drift back into sleep.

This morning things were different and I found I was looking forward to the challenge of the new programme and increasing the number of properties the companyhas under management. That was another thing that I didn’t see as a problem when I went for the interview. I’m also looking forward to the working environment. From this distance the vibes in the office feel good and people helpful and friendly.

No comments: